How does solar power work?
Click to begin animation
- 1 Solar panels convert sunlight into DC electricity.
- 2 The DC electricity is fed into your inverter which converts it into 240 volt AC electricity to power your home.
- 3 The solar electricity your system generates is used by appliances in the home.
- 4 Any excess electricity is recorded by your power meter and immediately fed back to the grid.
- 5 At night, or if your demand exceeds what your home is generating, power is drawn from the grid.